LUDLOW SIDE HILL CRONCHERS
The 9/10/08 meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Snowmobile Club was called to order by President Murphy at 6:40 PM with 14 members present. The meeting was held at Sam’s Restaurant in Ludlow.
The 8/6/08 minutes, upon a motion by Randy Ellison, seconded by Bruce Ingerson, were accepted as presented.
The Treasurer’s report, upon a motion by Dan Stowell, seconded by Randy Ellison, was accepted as presented.
Correspondence for the month was presented to the membership by Secretary Douglas Peabody.
Trail Master Bruce Ingerson reviewed ongoing projects as follows;
2008 Projects –
1) Bridge re-decking on Okemo trail- Project is approximately half done. All three inch planks have been installed on all five bridges. Two inch has been installed on Bridge’s 10 and 9. Work remaining is to complete two inch decking on Bridges 8, 7 and 6, install all railings and remove debris.
2) Culvert Installation behind Sewer Plant has been researched by President Murphy and he has asked Brett Sanderson to secure a price for us.
3) By-Pass Trail on 127 behind the campground has been marked. A date for cutting and excavation has not been set yet.
4) Mail Boxes relocation on Cobblestone Road has been completed.
5) Possible trail from Pinnacle area to Willy Dunn’s at the Golf Course is no longer feasible as the golf course restaurant will be closing for the winter.
6) Brush Hogging on trails will begin Friday, help is needed to escort the brush hog to remove any trees and open gates.
7) The property owners on Ives Road have asked that we put in a short access trail; it has been marked and will be scheduled in the near future.
8) A discussion on the bridge poles in Bennington was held and it was decided that it is not feasible to pursue them at this time.
9) President Murphy and Ted Stryhas have determined where a trail re-route for South Hill area will go and are working with the landowners for final permission for the re-route.
10) Additional South Hill drainage work will be done by Brett Sanderson.
11) Trail side brush cutting on the Okemo Trail has been completed.
Other: President Murphy reports that the groomer trail must be relocated and Brett Sanderson will do the project.
Under Groomer the following was reported:
Satellite Phone - President Murphy reports that price negotiations are complete and he will be ordering the phone in the near future.
Under Unfinished Business the following was reported:
Ancient Roads Committee – President Murphy noted that the committee did not have anything to report at this meeting.
Shelter Committee – Rick Yuris reported that the project is complete for all intents and purposes. A discussion was held on the feasibility of installing power to the building. Two members, Willie Arnow and John Wilson volunteered to install the power and pay for it completely. Upon a motion by Dan Stowell, seconded by Randy Ellison a grateful membership voted to approve having Willie and John do the work asking that they work with Rick Yuris on the project.
VAST Birthday –President Murphy gave a report on our participation in the event and noted that we have been paid from VAST for putting on the BBQ.
Securing Rights of Ways - President Murphy reports this project is complete and the landowner will sign the paperwork when he comes to Vermont again. The format has been approved by an attorney and will serve as a standard for future such agreements.
Web Site – Rick Yuris reports that once again a promising contractor has backed out of the project. Rick has contacted another contractor and is awaiting estimates.
Audit Committee – Steve Kondracki and Doug Peabody reported on the audit of the books for the 07/08 fiscal year. All transactions were found to be in order.
Tiny Pond Trail – Trail Master Bruce Ingerson led a discussion on the feasibility of re-establishing the so called trail as a secondary trail to the Shrewsbury area. Some of the members will research to see, once again, if access is possible.
Under New Business the following was reported:
Steve Kondracki reports that he has secured a location to park the groomer in the West Hill area near Dam 5 if it becomes necessary.
Meetings– President Murphy reviewed the upcoming VAST Annual Meeting, September 20th at Burke Mountain. Also there will be a Cronchers BBQ October 4th in Ludlow. The next meeting of the club will be Saturday, October 25th at Sam’s restaurant.
There being no further business to conduct, upon a motion by Randy Ellison, Seconded by Danny Stowell the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.